A slew of modifications to New Jersey’s medical cannabis program have been signed into regulation by Governor Phil Murphy earlier this week.
The governor’s signing of the Jake Honig Compassionate Use Medical Hashish Act will develop and enhance entry by modifications together with:
- Growing the month-to-month restrict sufferers can obtain from two ounces to 3 ounces, with the extent to be reviewed after 18 months. The exceptions to this restrict are within the instances of terminally in poor health and hospice care sufferers, who won’t be topic to any restrict.
- Extending the doctor authorization interval from 90 days to 1 yr.
- Edibles can be out there for adults.
- Part-out of the state’s medical marijuana gross sales tax over a interval of three years.
- Doctor assistants and superior observe nurses can be permitted to authorize the usage of medical marijuana.
- Employers banned from taking hostile employment actions in opposition to staff who’re registered sufferers based mostly on this standing.
- A registered affected person will have the ability to have two caregivers at any given time.
- These registered as qualifying sufferers out-of-state will be thought-about qualifying sufferers in New Jersey for as much as six months.
- Dispensaries required to put up correct costs on their web pages regarding all medical marijuana merchandise.
- Dispensaries permitted to supply dwelling supply companies.
“I’m proud to face with my legislative companions as we break down limitations to make sure this life-changing medical remedy is reasonably priced and accessible for individuals who want it most,” stated Governor Murphy.
About “Jake Honig’s Regulation”
The laws is called the Jake Honig Compassionate Use Medical Hashish Act, also referred to as Jake’s Regulation, after a younger boy who handed away final yr after battling most cancers for a lot of his life. Jake Honig’s dad and mom have been a driving power behind the push for change within the state’s medical marijuana legal guidelines and a evaluation was ordered by Governor Murphy in January final yr. Whereas Jake is now not with us, his legacy will dwell on and assist many others bypass the challenges Jake and his dad and mom confronted.
“Jake Honig’s Regulation will impression tens of hundreds of sufferers in New Jersey instantly!!” stated a put up on Jake’s Fb web page. “Thanks to our state’s law-makers for working so many hours on this initiative, all our family and friends on your love and Governor Murphy for signing this into regulation!”