Once you know how to make canna oil, you can use it to saute veggies and also add it to salads. You can even rub some on your skin after a long gym-session.
In this post, we’ve put down a foolproof canna oil recipe in detail, which is super easy to follow. It is free of preservatives and 100% organic.
Want to learn how to make canna oil at home?. Let’s get started!
Some Facts on Cannaoil
Is Canna Oil the Same as Hash/Marijuna Oil?
Is Canna Oil and CBD Oil the Same Thing?
Can I Make Cannabis Cooking Oil with CBD Oil?
Moreover, it won’t have the THC benefits like aiding in sleep, increasing appetite, reducing nausea and vomiting, promoting brain cell growth, and enhancing the senses.
How Is Canna Oil Good For Me?
If you are tired of vaping, rolling joints, and lighting bongs, you’ve got an alternative. Eat it! (not directly). The effects of cannabis last longer when you consume it by mouth rather than inhaling it.
When you take cannabis through your mouth, it first goes to your stomach and then your liver. Here, the THC gets converted into a more robust form and slowly mixes in blood, causing a longer and potent effect.
Unlike inhaling, which gives immediate outcomes, ingesting canna oil may take 30 minutes to two hours to affect you. However, the results will last for 12 hours or longer.
Moreover, you can apply canna oil to your skin and look younger, thanks to its antioxidant properties.
Mix it with aloe vera and vitamin E to make an anti-aging cream. Or, take the help of its anti-inflammatory properties and mix it in your DIY masks to get rid of acne.
Canna oil Recipe: How To Make Canna Oil at Home
This video is courtesy of leafly.com
Method 1: Quick & Easy
Things You Will Need:
- Heavy-bottomed saucepan
- Baking tray
- Baking paper/parchment paper
- Fine mesh sieve/strainer
- Candy thermometer
- A spoon
- An airtight jar or a mason jar
- Cannabis flowers/trim/buds – 1 cup
- Coconut oil – 1 cup ( you can use olive, grapeseed, or vegetable oil)
- Preheat your oven for 15 minutes at a temperature of 240℉.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the cannabis flowers on the paper and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Stir them every 10 minutes.
- Once done, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Now, break the flowers into small pieces with your hands. Make sure you don’t grind them too small because you don’t want a powder form.
- Now, place the ground flowers and coconut oil in a saucepan and put it on the stove.
- Turn on the flame and set it on low and let it cook for three hours, stirring the mixture occasionally with a spoon.
- Check the oil temperature from time to time, as it should not exceed 245℉ ( or the oil will get scorched).
- After three hours, turn off the flame and remove the saucepan from the stove.
- Then, strain the oil by passing it through the fine-mesh sieve. (don’t press the mixture to rush it, let it drip by itself).
- Your homemade canna oil is ready. Store it in an airtight container or mason jar and use it within two months. Or, refrigerate it to make it last longer.
Note: Baking the flowers in the oven is a crucial step known as decarboxylation, aka decarbing. Decarbing cannabis activates its THC-A content to THC, without which your canna oil won’t be potent enough to have any effects.
Method 2: Using a Double-boiler
Method 3: Using a Slow Cooker
Which Recipes Work Best With Canna Oil?
How to Make Canna Oil for Brownies
Are you craving those “special brownies”? You can bake yourself tasty brownies that you’ll enjoy for hours, only if you begin with the right ingredients.
Canna oil works, but it tends to give a very soft mushy texture to the brownies, which you don’t want. Here’s an authentic recipe of cannabutter you can make at home.
- Water – 1 cup
- Butter – 1 cup
- Decarbed cannabis flower/buds/trims – 5 to 10 grams( coarsely ground)
Place the butter, water, and cannabis grounds in a saucepan or pot and simmer the mixture on low heat for two to three hours.
Check the temperature with the candy thermometer and make sure it stays between 158℉ to 199℉. Keep stirring occasionally. Remove from the stove and cool it slightly (don’t cool it to a solid form).
Pass the butter through a funnel lined with cheesecloth into an airtight container. Your homemade cannabutter is ready. Store it in the fridge to solidify it.
It will last in the refrigerator for several weeks and up to six months in the freezer.
A Word on Canna Oil Gummies
So, cannabis tincture is usually mixed with gelatin, fruit juice, and flavor extracts by heating and put in molds to set.
Wrapping Up with The Cannabis Cooking Oil
Mastering a cannaoil recipe is going to open the portal to a much better life for you.
But before you start using this oil in your food, make sure you first use it in little amounts.
If you tolerate the oil well, you can gradually increase the quantity. Doing so will let you know what dose works best for you.