The PsyIndex fell 20% to $140.93 last week. With the launch of the Horizons Psychedelic Stock Index ETF (NEO: PSYK), the industry could see increased interest among more mainstream retail and institutional investors that want diversified exposure to the space.
Corporate News, Deals & Listings
- PharmaDrug Inc. (CSE: BUZZ) announced a definitive agreement to acquire Sairiyo Therapeutics Inc., which recently received an Orphan Drug Designation from the FDA. Press Release
- Champignon Brands Inc. (CSE: SHRM) opens first community-based centre in Ottawa to provide ketamine treatments to adults with depression. Press Release
- Silo Pharma Inc. (OTCQB: SILO) announced that it reached terms with the University of Maryland Baltimore for an exclusive license of a central nervous system homing peptide. Press Release
- ATAI Life Sciences announced a collaboration with Massachusetts General Hospital to accelerate discovery of mechanisms underlying psychedelic agents. Press Release
- Nova Mentis Life Sciences Corp. (CSE: NOVA) launched a preclinical autism spectrum disorder therapeutic study. Press Release
- Mydecine Innovations Group (CSE: MYCO) filed an application to list on the NASDAQ stock exchange. Press Release
- Beckley Psytech received approval for clinical trials using psychedelic agents to treat severe headaches. Press Release
- Novamind Inc. (CSE: NM) reached a major milestone for ketamine and Spravato treatments. Press Release
3 Areas Psychedelics Could Address (and How to Invest in Them)
Psychedelics have shown promise in the treatment of many treatment-resistant conditions, ranging from major depressive disorder to fibromyalgia. The therapeutic markets for these conditions could be worth billions of dollars per year, which has drawn the interest of both researchers and investors across North America.
We take a look at three areas where psychedelics could play an important role and how investors can gain exposure to the space, including Tryp Therapeutics Inc. (CSE: TRYP), which is taking an especially unique approach to the market.
Women in Psychedelics: Building a More Inclusive Industry
Women have played a key—and often underappreciated—role in the industry’s development. While they were intimately involved in counseling sessions, recruitment and other key areas, they were very rarely identified in published work since the 1950s. The psychedelic renaissance has created an opportunity for women to take the reigns in the industry’s rebirth in the 2020s.
- Psychedelics as Antidepressants: The treatments of the future may arise from a long-stigmatized class of drugs. via Scientific American
- How ecstacy and psilocybin are shaking up psychiatry: Regulators will soon have to grapple with how to safely administer powerful psychedelics. via Nature
- How will psychiatrists administer psychedelics treatments? As a new industry emerges, therapists need to be educated. via Big Think